Founded by Alon (Al) Zack, a business professional with over 17 year’s experience in Banking, Real Estate and Operations Management, ThirdRock focuses on commercial mortgage brokering as well as as small and medium sized businesses that require quick and concise short term professional involvement.
If you are about to refinance or purchase commercial real estate, or make a major decision that could have lasting effects on your organization, please contact ThirdRock and let them help create new possibilities for your business.
HCF Mercantile Inc.
HCF Mercantile is a startup merchant banking group focusing on monetizing Saskatchewan mining opportunities
- Prepared a sound business case and franchising concept to build a major mining organization
- Developed infrastructural components including Operations Manual, Human Resource initiatives, and capital raising strategies
- Successfully executed on the purchase a $4.4 million building and secured an eight-year lease for the organization.
Pilot Energy Corp.
Pilot Energy is a start-up natural gas exploration company focused on taking advantage of underpriced gas reservoirs in Saskatchewan
- Co-founder and author of Business Case
- Raised $400,000 in seed capital from Saskatchewan based investors
- Developed a natural gas vehicle transportation strategy for the province of Saskatchewan
DEEP Earth Energy Production Corp.
DEEP is a geothermal exploration company searching for low temperature geothermal power production in Southeastern Saskatchewan
- Lead the successful application with Natural Resources Canada which awarded the company a $13.1 million subsidy towards the construction of the demonstration plant
- Co-authored the business case which guided the direction of company
PrimeWest Mortgage Investment Corporation
PrimeWest is a mortgage investment corporation that focuses on residential and commercial mortgages
- Increased the share capital from $2.4 million to $25 million in four years
- Grew from 76 regional investors to over 540 shareholders with distribution across every western province and Ontario
- Grew the mortgage portfolio from $4.0 million to $27.0 million in four years.
Canadian Western Bank
Western Canadian focused commercial and retail bank with Head Office in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Managed complex loan and deposit portfolios consisting of Real Estate, Commercial, and Industrial Leasing clients with aggregate loan authorizations in excess of $200 million
- Successfully attracted the largest independently owned chartered accounting firm in Alberta.
HSBC Bank Canada & Capital City Savings Credit Union
One of the world’s largest financial institutions and after four years was attracted to business development opportunities with a local credit union.
- grew two lending portfolios to over $30 million in combined net commercial loan authorizations, including the largest industrial building in the Credit Union’s portfolio.
- seconded to a strategic planning and marketing committee to initiate growth and increase the overall awareness of commercial banking for the company.
Major in Finance
University of Alberta
Canadian Securities Institute
Canadian Securities Institute
University of Saskatchewan
- Third-year Finance Instructor in the Edwards School of Business, (U of S)
- Chairman & President of Bicycles for Humanity (Saskatoon Chapter)
- Volunteer Teacher with Junior Achievement
- City of Saskatoon Cultural Diversity and Race Relations committee (2005-2007)
- Junior Achievement Board Member (2005-2008)
- NSBA Business Builder Award Committee – Applications Chair (2004-2007)
- Chair of the feasibility study that lead to the creation of the Co-operative Education program in the Edwards School of Business (2005-2006)
Personal Awards & Recognition
- Saskatchewan Young Entrepreneur of the Year – 2008
- Outstanding Contribution to the creation of ESB Co-op Program – 2006